God has blessed me with so many wonderful things in 2011. In fact, He has also taught be lessons in life through the hardships that I had to face and resolve. Overall, I believe I am ending 2011 as a stronger, better, and more mature person.
As I look back to the past twelve months, I'd like to highlight some of the things that I am very much thankful for.
- After celebrating my New Year at the hospital for dengue, I came out on January 3, 2011 alive and very much okay. I thought I was actually dying, because my platelet count dropped to 7,000 (normal is 100,000+).
- I started my stint as a weekly contributor in Manila Bulletin's TechNews section. Challenging, yet fulfilling.
- Towards the end of the month, I had my first project at my new team. It was not what I expected, but I sure learned something out of it.
- The Club started inducting me into the group. We had dinner at B&T Mexican Kitchen - my first Mexican restaurant after a long time. And I liked the food.
- I was able to review my first smartphone of the year - Nokia E5 - and my first product of the year - Smart C+ drink.
- A memorable trip to Tagaytay with fellow bloggers for the launch of Alter Space.
- Got to visit the 18th Philippine Travel Tour Expo 2011 for the first time.
- I think this is also the month when I first had a voice-over (VO) opportunity at TriNoma Activity Center for the BlackBerry event.
- Went to Bacolod with Digicon for a fun-filled relaxation and food trip. Thanks to E*dict for allowing me to use his slot.
- My first time to experience Ace Water Spa.
- I got the privilege to meet the US Ambassador Harry K. Thomas, Jr. inside the balcony of the US Embassy in Manila.
- Another first in my life, I attended the CCF FRIENDS' Retreat where I got to know fellow Filipino-Chinese Christians and non-Christians alike, as well as my current Bible Study Group leader, Neil.
- My first tweetup - Twestival Manila - also happened this month. I'm glad to be part of it, as it was a tweetup for a cause. Got to meet several netizens there for the first time.
- Got a surprise package from Oishi! Yahoo! I love surprises.
- A new project has just started. I'm very happy to be with a great set of fun people on my first implementation project.
- While helping on a another phase of the project, I had my first local trip ever in Cabuyao. That experience was new to me, since we literally didn't sleep the whole night.
- Several events transpired during the month
- New events and new brands kept on coming in during this month. I love it, because it opened different opportunities for me.
- I became the SPOC for SAP Practice's Career Fair, where I led the creation of fliers, booth, and presentations. Glad I did, because the big boss got to know me.
- Got to try dimsum buffet at Lili Retaurant courtesy of my sister.
- I was so blessed to have witnessed Hillsong's concert this month. It was 2.5hours worth of standing up, singing songs of praise, and lifting everything to the Lord.
- Got time-off from work as my sub-team and I went to Ela Nina Resort for our offsite.
- Thanks to Digicon, we were part of DLSU's 100th Year Celebration. Since the host was caught in traffic, I became the impromptu VO and Host at the same time. It was adrenaline rush for me, but I'm glad people liked the way I handled the crowd.
- My first international trip abroad that was meant for business, thanks to my Manila Bulletin editor Art Samaniego, Jr. for sending me over for an event. It was a dream come true.
- Got to attend the Hillsong Music Conference for FREE, thanks to our church board members.
- The most-awaited cutover happened this month. It was my first, but I'm glad my colleagues were there to help and guide.
- My first WPPS offsite at Caliraya. Blessed with a great organizing team, I'm glad to have become the master of ceremonies. I was only initially assigned to be a registration person, but God had a greater plan.
- Finally got to attend my first BlackBerry event as a blogger.
- I was also invited to the Nivea for Men event, where I was able to try out 360 Fitness for the first time. It was a great experience for me to be able to try 8 exercises in a few minutes time. Adrenaline rush to the max!
- A trip to Cebu courtesy of Digicon for work and pleasure. A wonderful sight of Shangri-la Mactan and a tour to the Bridges Salon capped off the wonderful trip.
- The SAP Practice Offsite at Club Balai Isabel happened this month. Got to be the VO again. I'm glad to be of service.
- A month of another first, got to join Digicon in a trip to Iloilo for work and pleasure.
- Spoke to Grade 4 students on my HS alma mater's Dedication Day. Didn't know how I would start and end it, but God was there to guide me.
- Since I have started doing VO to get extra income, this is the first time I was hired to do it for a government-related event. It was an honor for me to introduce the Vice President of the Philippines, Jejomar Binay.
- Week by week out of town trips to Davao, Pampanga, and Cagayan De Oro courtesy of Digicon.
- The cutover for my Korea project didn't have any issue at all. Praise God!
- Many years in the making, a-las, my trip to Cebu for HS friends Lizelle and Annie finally pushed through! Thanks to the airfare and hotel sale, we got a great package. I'm also thankful that my friend Ken guided us during our trip there.
- I have almost forgotten the story of Little Mermaid, but I'm glad to have watched the musical play with good friends at the Meralco Theater.
- Thanks to my sister's generosity again, we were able to try the food at Xin Tian Di in Crowne Plaza Hotel.
- Another dream come true, my car has finally arrived this month.
- Got to enter Republiq for the very first time for the SAP Practice Christmas party. I'm blessed to have been given the opportunity to be the VO.
- Also equally blessed to be appointed as the VO for the whole HP Christmas Party at SMX. Again, glad to be of service.
- Marked my 24th birthday, where I had a week-long celebration with different sets of friends.
- Attended my first and last wedding for 2011, where I got to witness my former manager's exchange of vows.
- A Christmas worth remembering, because a prayer about family has been answered. It seemed like it was a miracle. Unbelievable.
Wow! Lots of things to be thankful for in the past year. I'm sure I was not able to capture them all, but my heart sure knows I am thankful for all the things, the people, and the experiences I gained in 2011. I would like THANK ALL OF YOU for being part of my blog's 2011 highlights. CHEERS to a new year 2012 ahead!
Photo Source: Kaboodle