Hail the a newest Listerine mouthwash variant recently launched here in the Philippines called the Listerine Natural Green Tea. It is the first and only mouthwash from Listerine that contains natural green tea extract and two times more fluoride, for a natural way to fight tooth decay.
eight (8) Listerine variants presently offered to the public, but why add another one? Well, Listerine wanted to give Filipinos a lot of options to suit our needs and taste.
fluoride treatment regularly - I just had one a few weeks ago. Green tea, on the other hand, is not just a typical healthy drink. Here are some of the benefits:
- Green tea is a natural source of tannins, which help prevent the build up of plaque and other oral problems;
- Green tea is a natural source of fluoride, which is know to strengthen teeth against tooth decay;
- Green tea has a natural way to flight tooth decay; and,
- Green tea contains catechins, an antioxidant that inhibits the activity of cavity-causing bacteria.
As with any Listerine mouthwash, the new Listerine Natural Green Tea works in two ways to fight tooth decay. First, it effectively kills 99.9% of the germs that cause tooth decay. Second, it helps shield teeth to prevent the onset of new tooth decay.
Listerine Total Care. So for those of you who find it too intense of a sting whenever you gargle, you might want to try this variant. It leaves a taste of lemon slash green tea flavor in your mouth too!
Wanna try it? Here's the proper way:
- Brush your teeth gently. Make sure the direction of your brushing is the same how your gums are formed. (e.g. for the upper front teeth, only brush downwards - not up and down as most of us do - so that your gums won't recede.)
- Use floss. Brushing alone only does half the job. Some of the dirt in between the teeth doesn't get removed, because the bristles of your toothbrush cannot reach them. Do it gently. If your gums bleed, it means you don't have a healthy oral care.
- Gargle with Listerine Natural Green Tea mouthwash. Do this after Steps 1&2 every morning and night for about 30 seconds each time. After you expel the mouthwash, do not gargle with water anymore, so that the fluoride stays in your teeth.
The new Listerine Natural Green Tea is now available in leading supermarkets, drugstores, and department stores for SRP of Php70.25 (80ml) and Php166.50 (250ml).
If you want to check out how and why I became a convert of Listerine, check out my previous posts: