"Ouch! Aray! Juskopo! Ayaw ko na!" -- these are words I never had to say before, during, and after I had two normal teeth and two wisdom teeth extraction, all in one session. Thanks to Dr. Dominic Lemuel Sevilla, DDM, I was able to put my fear of surgery and blood into the shelf.
So one Friday afternoon, I went to his clinic at Medical Plaza, Makati (just behind Makati Med) for consultation. Initially, he asked me to get a panoramic x-ray on a different floor where I paid Php1,000. Right after I got the results, he gave me his thoughts and even assured me that the operation will only take a short while. After much questioning and answering, I immediately said 'yes' for an appointment the following Saturday, just in time for the long weekend.
Come Saturday, I was taken inside the dentist's operating room at around 9:45AM. I lied down and was given a massager on my hand, so I can distract myself when I feel uncomfortable at any time during the operation.
- How much does he charge?
- Dr. Dominic Sevilla specializes in wisdom teeth extraction among many others. He charges Php6,000-Php15,000 per tooth, depending on the degree of difficulty or severity of the case. The price really varies on a case to case basis, so it's best to visit him in his clinic for consultation.
- Local anesthesia is the default type of numbing agent they use. However, for those who really want to get general anesthesia instead, you can talk to Dr. Sevilla and arrange for that. It's a bit more expensive though. In my opinion, you don't need general anesthesia if your case is just normal.
- Yes. As of writing, he accepts PhilCare, MaxiCare, IntelliCare, ValueCare, as well as other HMOs. Again, it's best if you can visit his clinic and ask more details about it. In my case, I used PhilCare and got a discount of Php2,000.
- Apart from wisdom teeth extraction, Dr. Sevilla also does Root Canal (approximately Php5,000-Php8,000 depending on case), normal tooth extraction (approximately Php1,000/tooth), Fillings (approximately Php600-Php1,000/tooth), Cleaning/Prophylaxis (approximately Php600-Php1,000/tooth), etc.
- Dr. Dominic Sevilla holds clinic at Room 2003 Medical Plaza, Amorsolo corner Dela Rosa Streets, Makati City. Landmarks include Figaro, BPI, and BDO. Parking is along the streets. He is open Monday to Saturday, 9AM-6PM, but do call for an appointment.
- +632 6216718, +632 5836070, +63 917 8258825, +63 922 8503099
Trust me, if you're planning to have a teeth extraction, I really recommend Dr. Dominic Sevilla. He's a dental genius! For more information, you can visit his website at http://www.dominicsevilladmd.com/.