Even before the new year entered, our airlines have been offering seat sales here and there. However, I always want to get deals as a package, because it sometimes equates to cheaper rates even though I get additional miscellaneous expenses during the trip.
19th Travel Tour Expo 2012 happening this February 17-19, 2012 at the SMX Convention Center Hall 1, 2, 3 and 4.
With the theme "One Stop Shop to the World," here's what you need to know about the expo:
- February 17 & 18 (Friday & Saturday) - 10AM to 9PM
- February 19 (Sunday) - 10AM to 7PM
Note: Ticket booths close 30 minutes before end of show hours.
- General Admission - Php50.00/day
- Senior Citizen - Php20.00/day
- Entertainment and Presentations from exhibitors, such as dances, film showing, etc,
- Raffles and Games
- More surprises
- Don't be late. Even though doors open at 10AM, people are already starting to line up as early as 9AM. By the time I arrived at 9:30AM, the lines are no longer that short. Factor in parking as well. If you want to park at the basement of SMX, you need to come early.
- Know the right line. Since I arrived seeing many lines already, I immediately went to fall in line. Later did I realize that the line I was following is already headed towards the entrance. And I don't have entrance tickets yet. Fortunately, the lady in front of me was kind enough to save me a space till I came back.
- Bring a bag and pen. As with any fair, you'd be handed with lots of brochures and paraphernalia for you to have a reference. If you are not yet so sure on what to purchase, I suggest to get materials in the morning, take a break, then go back for the actual purchase. Besides, the entrance fee is valid for a day.
- Tag a friend along. Once the door opens, people will be rushing to the different booths already. Expect to line up, even when you just want to inquire. I suggest to bring a friend or a family member with you. This allows one to line up at a booth, while the other one roams around for the next booth. Just SMS or call each other, so you won't have to be together when purchasing packages.
- Ready the details. If you're like me who's very tensed especially when you know there are a lot of people lined up and waiting after me, I would highly encourage you to list down the full names, birthdays (for airfares) and contact numbers of your travel buddies, as well as dates of travel. This enables you to quickly copy them upon your purchase.
- Be wary with belongings. Since this travel expo is expecting a lot of attendees, make sure you keep an eye on your belongings. Last year's data records 472 booths, 255 exhibitors, and a whopping 68,000 visitors. If we divide the number of visitors in 3 days, that would be about 22,660+ members per day.
- Prepare cash or credit card. Not all exhibitors will accept credit cards, so might as well prepare cash too. There are numerous ATMs around SM MOA, so you don't have to worry.
- Plan your destinations. Below is a list of exhibitors as of November 29. You can check it out and plan ahead on which booth and/or destination you plan to prioritize, so you can immediately head on to them once you enter the halls.
Remember that some of the airfare promos and tour packages are exclusively offered onsite for the duration of the travel expo. Good luck on your visit and I hope you get home with great travel packages to make your 2012 an exciting year. Don't forget to enjoy the experience as well!
For more information, visit the 19th Travel Tour Expo 2012 website.