Atlantis Production -- the producer of hit theater musicals Legally Blonde, Disney’s The Little Mermaid, Next to Normal, Spelling Bee, etc. -- is coming up with an interesting upbeat theater play for rock music enthusiasts called Rock of Ages.
Rock of Ages is a rock/jukebox musical, with a book by Chris D'Arienzo, built around classic rock hits from
the 1980s, especially from the famousglam metal bands of the decade. The musical features songs from Styx, Journey, Bon Jovi, Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister, Steve Perry, Poison and Europe, among other well- known rock bands.
It is directed by Kristin Hanggi and choreographed by Kelly Devine with music supervision, arrangements, and orchestrations by Ethan Popp and David Gibbs.
The show is noted for being more lighthearted and comedic than other shows on Broadway. During performance, the performers frequently break the "fourth wall", directly addressing the audience and seemingly forgetting (or perhaps reminding the audience) that they are actors in a musical.
Please do support the shows of my friends on Friday, June 29 (8PM) and Sunday, July 1 (8PM). Rock of Ages ticket prices are as follows:
- Balcony: Php700 (BA, BB, BC)
- Loge Side: Php900 (M, MD)
- Loge Center: Php1,500 (MA, MB, MC)
- Orchestra Side: Php1,750 (AA to L left and right)
- Orchestra Center: Php2,000 (AA to L center)
Details of the June 29 (Friday), 8PM show:
- For Tickets: Ria Buenafe at +63917-5349437 / Marc Ong at +63917-7956272
- Seat Plan Link: Click here
- Facebook: Rock of Ages Musical
Details of the July 1 (Sunday), 8PM show: