With the tremendous success of last year's campaign, Globe Tattoo is once again recognizing the social media stars in the prestigious Tatt Awards, the first-ever awards platform for online personalities who have inspired, led, influenced, and sparked changes in the world in a positive way.
There are ten categories to choose from, such as fashion, sports, music, advocacy, technology, etc. Just make sure that the person you will be nominating (or yourself) is active in social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress, Tumblr, Youtube, etc. with original contents.
How to nominate? Simply visit www.tattawards.com and fill out the nomination form. You can nominate as many people as you want, but can only be in a maximum of two categories after the Tatt Council finalizes the people who's in for voting.
During the launch, Tatt Awards 2012 revealed its distinguished Tatt Council, a group of online thought-leaders who will collectively serve as judges to determine the winners in the different categories. They are as follows:
- Dong Ronquillo, head of Globe Tattoo nomadic broadband business;
- Maria Ressa, award-winning journalist and ABS-CBN News & Public Affairs social media pioneer;
- Mikey Bustos, Filipino singer, comedian, and YouTube sensation;
- Tim Yap, TV Personality-columnist and style guru;
- Francis Brew, former music director for the rock station NU107.5 FM and a musician;
- Loi Landicho (Professional Heckler), multi-awarded humor blogger and one of Tatt Awards 2011 winners;
- Wig Tysmans, one of the most sought-after corporate, fashion and advertising photographers in the Philippines;
- Raymond Gutierrez, TV Host, Editor, Columnist, Endorser and Actor;
- Rovilson Fernandez, model, host, magazine editor and sports enthusiast;
- Gio Tingson, Commissioner to the National Youth Commission and Outstanding student leader; and,
- Pao Peña, Internet and Mobile Marketing Association of the Philippines (IMMAP) Vice President.
By the end of the nomination period, the Tatt Council will determine a number of nominated individuals will be selected based on three categories, namely Influence, Engagement, and Popularity. Voting will then be opened from June 13 - June 20. The grand awards night will be held on June 30, coinciding with the Philippine Social Media Day, where each winner from all ten categories will win a whopping Php100,000 each.
If you think you or someone you know deserves to be nominated and recognized for being an online rockstar, support him or her. Bring this year's Tatt Awards spotlight to your favorite online rock stars as Tattoo opens the curtain once again to give them their well-deserved Tatt awards.
For more information, visit www.tattawards.com.