From the organizers of the successfully held 17th World Building and Construction Exposition, Worldbex Services International (WSI) comes up with another expo -- this time for the car enthusiasts called the 8th Manila International Auto Show (MIAS). It's happening on March 29 to April 1, 2012 (Thursday to Sunday) at the World Trade Center (WTC), from 10am to 10pm.
With the theme “Motorsports”, MIAS 2012 turns the spotlight on “Life in the Fast Lane” and the current trend of developing new and updated models of sports cars by different car brands, all designed to out ride the competition.
- Russ Swift Precision Driving Stunt Show
- Various car launches
- Motorsports exhibits
- Special demonstrations
- Top Gear exhibit - featuring top of the line car setups, the MD Juan World II re-enactment using Jeep vehicles, and the Philippines’ most powerful car sponsored by Motul
- Amphibian truck by the Philippine Army, Philippine Marines, and the private sector
- Bachelor pads - allowing visitors to watch favorite movies, mingle with the car shows models, and test drive the car of your dreams
- Car of the Year Awards 2012
- Other competitions such as MIAS Classic and Custom Car Competition, as well as photography contest
MIAS merchandise can also be purchased at the venue, with items such as shirts, caps, USB hubs, baller IDs, and other MIAS 2012 novelty items.
For the past seven years, MIAS has averaged an 85,000 attendees annually. This year is bigger and better with 110 companies occupying the WTC, the Philippine Trade Training Center, the adjoining WTC East Wing and the specially constructed WTC East Wing B, with the total exhibit area now at 30,000 sqm.
The 8th Manila International Auto Show is important since it aids in effectively boosting local car industry, especially with BPI Family Bank’s Auto Madness, which offers low interest rates for car buyers during the show.